Tuesday 1 February 2011

Back-off universe, I'm already pissed off.

Currently Listening To: the bass line rippling through Alex's floor from two levels down.
Pondering: Need coffee, and a walk. Feel like a spaniel.

This week:
1. Witnessed a mid-life crisis.
2. Found out the mid-life crisis "doesn't really like you anymore since you yelled at him".
3. Witnessed the dissolution of my parent's marriage part II.
4. Worry that with no models of a fully-functioning marriage at hand, my own will surely fail.
5. Took the brunt of an unnecessary police call-out I didn't even make.
6. Took on more shit other people were off-loading on me
7. Decided there were too many people in my life.
8. Walls went up.
9. Watched "Black Swan".
10. Had a really beautiful dream about being 8 again. Woke up. Found my boyfriend had brought me peanut-butter toast and was singing the Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice", found myself in bliss. Minus chronic back-pain.
-And we're about to create number 11 if Mister ever gets out of the shower: Go for a sunny, feel-good walk and a coffee. Then go to the pharmacy for codeine and antiseptic because I've been scratching myself during the night and am covered in angry bloody patches. Yummy.

SO! It's been a hectic week! Most of it spent cleaning up the mess other people leave behind and then just standing by in disbelief while other people then come in and make more of a mess for me to deal with. These people have officially been deemed "knobs" and will be making a significantly reduced appearance in my life from now on. It's the curtain call for you chappies.
And in my usual style, we breeze over that, move on, and find something nicer to talk about: My new blog and "Black Swan".

-New Blog! It's not a huge thing, nor a replacement for this one, but now that I've joined Tumblr (find me here) I have somewhere to post trinkets and doo-dahs that I stumble upon on a somewhat daily basis. I'll be aiming to keep on with the huge weekly blogs on here still (ambitious? I know, but let's see how things pan out). Expect pretty pictures, brief sentences and the like.

-Black Swan.
Drop whatever you are doing right this minute and get yourself to the nearest cineplex and see it. Even if you go on your own (you might want to abandon any pre-existing fears about going out/dining on your own first though. C'mon, they're unfounded and irrational). 


I wish I could give you a definite "this is what it's about" thing, but when I saw it with the Beau and his friend, we all came out with completely different interpretations of what had happened- but we all agreed that it was beyond awesome and definitely warrants a second viewing (Orange Wednesdays anyone?). I picked out lots of tones of perfectionism taken to extreme self-sabotage, and the boys saw a family history of inherited neuroticism (doesn't this sound like a light-hearted flm?) But no, really, it's visually outstanding; two stunningly beautiful female leads, gorgeous wardrobe and set design, and the choreography is just such a flirt! <insert camp hand gesture here>
Regardez-vous the beauty:




Unfortunately couldn't find any stills of Mila Kunis :( but she might have been my favourite. She had a little sass about her, and I like girls with sass. I've said it before, but if my life were made into a film, I'd cast her as me. Hell, I want to be her.

Lily "Wait, did you have some sort of lezzie wet dream about me?"
Nina: [whispers] "Stop it."
Lily: "Oh my God? Oh my God! You did! You fantasized about me!"
Nina: "Shut up!"
Lily: [gasps] "Was I good?"

And with that comic relief, I am out to buy caffeine and non-prescription goods.
It's not like my usual photography can compete with those glorious movie stills right?

No comments:

Post a Comment