Friday 31 December 2010

Old Long Syne- James Watson (1711)

1.
Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone:
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,
that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect
on Old long syne.

-Chorus-
On Old long syne my Jo,
in Old long syne,
That thou canst never once reflect,
in Old long syne.

2.
My Heart is ravisht with delight,
when thee I think upon;
All Grief and Sorrow takes the flight,
and speedily is gone;
The bright resemblance of thy Face,
so fills this, Heart of mine;
That Force nor Fate can me displease,
for Old long syne  
                               
-Chorus-

3.
Since thoughts of thee doth banish grief,
when from thee I am gone;   
will not thy presence yeild relief,      
to this sad Heart of mine:
Why doth thy presence me defeat,
with excellence divine?
Especially When I reflect
on old long syne

-Chorus-              

A quick round up on the words which have haunted me throughout this year,
where better to sum them all up?

"I'm a loser in love, so baby,                                                   
raise a glass to mend all the
broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends"

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved."

"You know sometimes baby I'm so carefree,                                              
with a joy that's hard to hide
Then sometimes again it seems that all I have is worry                      
and then you're bound to see my other side"
"Alors on danse"
 
"El octavo día Dios,                 ¿Quién se iba a imaginar
después de tanto trabajar,      que el mismo dios al regresar

para liberar tensiones,             iba a encontrario todo

luego ya de revisar,                 en un desorden infernal?

dijo: "todo está muy bien,       Y que se iba a convertir
es hora de descansar",           en un desempleado m
ás
y se fue a dar un paseo           de la tasa que actualmente

por el espacio sideral.             est
á
creciendo sin parar"



"Wish I had a mango tree
In my backyard
With you standin next to me
Take the picture
From her lips I heard her say
Can I have you
Call her up oh what to say
I said you do 
 
 
 


"Old habits die hard when you got, when you got a sentimental heart"








"Sugar man, won't you hurry?
'cause I'm tired of these scenes
for a blue coin won't you bring back
all those colours to my dreams? 
            
silver magic ships you carry
...
jumpers cold, sweet Mary Jane


Sugar man, made a false friend
on a lonely dusty road.
Lost my heart when I found him
it had turned to dead black coal           
silver magic ships, you carry...
jumpers cold, sweet Mary Jane

Sugar man, you're the answer
that makes all my questions disappear
sugar man, cause I'm weary
of those awful games, I hear"

 

"I’ve been here since first period, I had a cold, I took all my antibiotics at the same time, now I forgot how to leave."


"There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love."

Have fun finding where these all come from!
Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a good one xxx


"....Like my knob!"

No comments:

Post a Comment