Tuesday 16 November 2010

16/11/2010

Currently listening to: Sentimental Heart (She & Him)
Currently pondering: Christmas

Yes, I realise it may be a little early for a festive post (what with it being my first and NOT December) but I can't help myself! In the last week I've booked my Christmas trains home (ooohhh...home...*yearn, yearn*), which lead me to think of how amazing my last Christmas was, which lead to me putting on the playlist of songs I made for last Christmas, I got all hyped up, I calmed down, went to Edinburgh, and then this happened:


and I'm sure it's only too easy for those of you who know me (even vaguely) to imagine me then flying off the handle of sanity, twirling round and round with the euphoria of romantic Christmas notions... Not romantic as in typical bog-standard romance, but the idea of warm fuzzy dining rooms, tables decorated with holly and candles, lavender glass champagne flutes with the gold trim, serving platters spilling over with food, Mum serving up everyone's plates, Dad pouring a generous glug of wine, Sis whipping out a bottle of Bailey's from whatever this year's hiding place was- True Bliss. (Are you feeling festive now? You better be)
And this is what's getting me through the arctic temperatures and ridiculous workload up here.
That and the fact my birthday hits in 15 days! Last year's epic "Peter Pan" syndrome is, so far, nowhere in sight, turning 21 officially does not freak me out. In my mind, it means I'll carry the air of metropolitan sophistication with me, drop little pearls of wisdom here there and everywhere like dandruff (nice imagery right?) and make myself known to the world of business through internships and job applications. What I am freaking out about is the idea I'll be inching ever closer to that "marrying age", middle-lifedom, and wrinkles. Watching my niece applying make up over the summer was enough to make me breakdown at the sight of these teeeny tiny little creases under my eyes where powdery eyeliner deposits towards the end of the day. I need to buy a better eyeliner. 
But I digress.. Hopefully this puts you in a cheery Christmassy mood. If it doesn't, get yo'self some Christmas music on, let me help you out      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvB1IgekUY     if that doesn't work, think about what you'll gift your nearest and dearest with, and if that doesn't work, go retire to a comfy armchair Scrooge, and wait for the Christmas spirit to beat you with a stick come December.

Love, 
Moi.


No comments:

Post a Comment